Sunday, July 10, 2005

on Friendship

Friends like you come along once in a lifetime

And I want you to know how glad I am that you came along in mine. Friends like you are so valuable and so rare. You provide me with things that can't compare with any other happiness in my life. I am so thankful for all the wonderful things about you. You understand my difficulties and always give me the benefit of the doubt. There are so many times when you're the only one who knows what I'm going through. You're what communication and trust are all about.

If you sense that I'm hurting, you do whatever you can to help me. And you don't hold things against me. You help me prop up my courage if it starts to fade, and you have such a gentle way of providing reassurance. You walk beside me when I could use a little guidance and direction in my life. And, more than anyone else, you support me in my attempts to do what is right.

You multiply my smiles, and you constantly add to my favorite memories. You make me feel like I really am somebody who matters. Then, you quietly prove to me how beautiful that feeling is. You really are amazing. And I wish I had a way to thank you for all things.

I feel like it's important to let you know that, in you, I have come across a wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime friend. The gift of that friendship is the nicest thing anyone could ever give. And I will cherish it all the days of my life and all the years that I live.

With thanks to a very wonderful friend.


I read this on one of the cards on my friend's bedroom wall and decided to post it here. Lately, I've realized that the value of friendship is too deep to just ignore or take forgranted. We may not feel that we have to, but we should not let our moments together pass and flow like as if it will happen the same way again tomorrow. True friendship needs effort to grow. It's not measured with how long you've known each other, how often you see each other, how constant you talk on the phone or how much you spend through texts. In every aspect, quality is always better than quantity. Friendship, like all other relationships, is a process. Step by step, stage by stage. You start off by chosing who you'd like to be with. Eventually, there'll be less and less people who'll remain. You get to know each other. You share laughter. And so on. Sometimes, things happen and you don't expect it. Threats to friendships come and it's just a natural process. Sometimes they triumph in wrecking the relationship, sometimes successful in making the it better. These threats may be in the form of misunderstandings, distance, jealousy, love, pressure, priorities and so on. Battling with these threats can be hard but basic open communication is a giant leap towards reconcillation. Trust isn't even that important. For trust cannot be given fully to anyone by people who, by nature, are cautious or afraid to get hurt. Faith in the relationship is another factor. The will to hold on is a very powerful weapon against destruction. If you have faith in the person, there is always hope for the friendship. That is when both parties believe. Because when one falters, the other can't stand alone. If giving is one sided, there is nothing of what we call friendship. For friendship is a relationship and a basic relationship involves a pair with mutual connection. Mutual.

At ngayon pa ko inantok... Wish ko lang matuloy ko pa sha...

Shax ndi ko na matuloy gtg na ko!!

But before I go, I'd like to mention a few names:
Acriza-tingin ko ikaw na ung

"Everyday is a happy day!":p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home