Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year 2012: Work and Family

I'm on sick leave today so I decided to blog. :)

But before I recap my 2011, I'd like to give an update since I stopped posting.
*WORK
After MG and Cabs resigned from PAL (well, after a lot of my friends moved), it became very very lonely at work, specially during my morning shifts. After my FAILED attempt on love life, I wanted to break out as well. I began posting my resume on monster.com, jobsdb and jobstreet. I entertained calls but just for a week until I decided to apply in Lawson (Cabs' current company). All went well and I was excited to move. Until one day, Sam (our Newbie) got hired and it was his first day. That same day, Dianne and I had a talk. It was about career and business and everything but I forgot already what happened. The turn of events on that day made me question my move. Just as I remembered what I answered in my interview "Why are you leaving PAL?" I wasn't happy anymore. Yes I said I wanted career growth too, but the main reason is that it was sad and true enough, I'm the kind of person you can take anywhere, as long as I have with me the company that makes me happy, the people that makes me happy. I guess my unstable emotions led me to decide to leave PAL at that time but thank God things happened to turn it around. I had a session with my Ingkong Jhek last week. I asked the question in my head "Will I have new work this year?" and his answer was "Bakit hindi?" The answer wasn't YES or NO. It was up to me. During a palm reading, he said, "Stay. Hindi ko alam kung ikaw ang gustong magstay or what, at hindi ko sinasabing magstay ka pero yun yung nakikita ko e." The answer still wasn't clear. It was still confusing but let's not dwell on it. Maybe it's the way he sees it right now because it is what I want right now. It must still be unclear with the universe as well, whether or not I will stay or not, but for me, right at this moment, I want to stay. Not stuck though. Sysad work isn't that bad. It's not the best work for me, I know but I love the shifting schedule. Somehow, not commuting during rush hour makes me feel less of a rat racer. Haha! 2012 will be a smooth sailing year. Hopefully, I won't have to make big decisions yet, specially with regards to career, business and love life. 2012 is the ENJOY year. :)

*FAMILY
My life with my family has been pretty financially draining this past month or so. Haha probably because I've really been spending much on myself and my family. I didn't know being emotionally challenged can make me have debt on my credit card. It's not that bad though, I'm paying it now. I'm back to being thrifty after the holidays because I still have to pay my debts, and spend a good travel year with my family and friends. AND I'm planning my financial path towards financial freedom still. :) But NO RUSH. One thing I've learned in 2011 is that there is no need to rush. Everything in God's time. No Lazy Susan though. :) New Year 2012 Infante celebration was a blast! New legacy: competing family. A grand prize of P1,200.00 plus a bag of goodies. Okay for starters. Everyone's excited for next year's presentations. Hahaha! I love my family and extended family. I'm so blessed and lucky. I'm also happy I got to spend Christmas in Cavite this time, even if I just slept the whole day because I was on the saddest Christmas eve duty ever. (well, it's only the first time I got to spend Christmas eve at work) Papa went to HK Disneyland with his second family. He wants us to go there too. Mama is jealous. Haha I'm so sorry. But well, at least, Papa's gonna buy me an IPhone 4s by the end of the month. :) Hello to SMART again. Byebye Globe. :)

"Everyday is a happy day!":p