Thursday, April 16, 2020

Covid-19

We lost and officemate today because of the Covid-19 virus. He was old, with pre-existing conditions, who volunteered to stay onsite in the office for weeks before he felt sick (fever and high bp) and decided to go home. No one thought it was covid at first but as he was diagnosed with pneumonia then tested positive for covid, his body began to deteriorare, was intubated, oxygen got stable then all of a sudden, news of his passing. I feel so guilty not being able to text him when he was still awake, when our boss said we should text him words of encouragement. I never thought it would be the end for him. No one ever knows, right? Our last convo thru Teams chat was an office related request. He was a happy go lucky guy that doesn’t really do well with his job but he always bring laughter. His table is just across mine. When we go back to work, we will surely miss his presence. I hope he died at peace and ready to face the Lord. I pray for his family and friends. May eternal rest grant unto Sir Dar, O Lord. Let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.🙏